Chainalytics’ Parcel Spend Optimization service combines Chainalytics’ transportation market intelligence and proven methodologies to ensure our clients maintain their competitive advantage in an increasingly complex, volatile and global transportation environment.
We help clients achieve small package savings through services that:
- Analyze carrier agreements across ground, domestic air and international air parcel spend
- Create and execute a comprehensive spend management strategy that optimizes rates and terms to reduce costs and refreshes carrier mix or consolidates carriers and agreements for volume and/or route leverage, administrative efficiency and consistency.
- Deliver monthly parcel spend analytics to ensure carriers are in compliance with the client agreement, and schedule periodic follow up to explore additional savings opportunities based on mode optimization results, time-in-transit studies and inbound or packaging analytics.
If you’re ready to stop leaving money on the table with your parcel carrier spend, take stock by asking yourself these questions:
- How do we analyze the impact of our parcel expense after the latest round of general rate increases?
- Are we overpaying for higher services levels than we truly need?
- Do we have the internal bandwidth to complete a detailed parcel spend analysis and go out to bid?
- How do carriers’ constantly changing dimensional pricing models impact our bottom line?
- How can we plan for and charge our customers correctly with an ever-changing, complex parcel carrier pricing strategy?
- How do we understand and calculate our parcel expense due to the latest global fuel surcharge index changes?
- What is the financial impact of a dual-carrier parcel distribution model? What might a single carrier parcel distribution model look like from a cost perspective?
- Should we consider using a hybrid parcel shipping model and shift volume to an individual country’s postal service and/or regional parcel delivery companies?
- What do our delivery densities look like, and do we meet the minimums to drive savings to the bottom line?
- How do we determine our inbound parcel freight costs, when they are aggregated with our total landed costs, which include cost of goods?
- How will acquisition or divestiture of business impact our future parcel spend and shipping strategy?
- What are the barriers to switching carriers and financial impact if we choose to go with another parcel delivery company?