We hope you enjoy the Fall 2011 issue of Supply Chain Directions, our quarterly e-newsletter linking you to a short list of leading, timely, and relevant articles and white papers in the areas of Supply Chain Design, SIOP, Logistics Operations, Transportation, Service Supply Chain, and Packaging Optimization.
Squeeze More Out of Your TMS
Logistics Management, October 1, 2011
By Bridget McCrea
Your transportation management system (TMS) is installed and running, but are you getting the most out of it?
Your Transportation Health — Can You Measure it With a Single Metric?
Brian Fish, Sr. Manager, Transportation
A transportation business intelligence client of ours recently asked if it was possible to measure transportation performance using a single metric. Here’s our answer.
Supply Chain Design
- Distribution Network Optimization: Repairing Cracked Supply Chain Design – Jeff O’Reilly, Inbound Logistics, July 2011
- Rising Fuel Costs Highlight Need for Stronger Distribution System Efficiencies – John Bell, Area Development Online, July 2011
- The Bright Side of Logistics in India– Inbound Logistics, September 2011
Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning
- Are you a candidate for produce-to-demand? – Jeff Schutt, PhD and Thomas Moore, CSCMP’s Supply Chain Quarterly, Q3 Issue
- A Season (or 13) for Shopping – Sarah Nassauer, The Wall Street Journal, August 17, 2011
- Inventory Performance by Industry 2005 to 2010 – SCDigest Editorial Staff, SCDigest, July 27, 2011
- Half of all 3PL executives get it wrong when it comes to contract renewal priorities, according to their customers – Eye For Transport, September 21, 2011
- Going for the Other Green – Kate O’Sullivan, CFO, September 1, 2011
- Sears Builds Powerful Transportation Scorecard, and Shares Experience on How to Get it Right – SCDigest Editorial Staff, SCDigest, August 18, 2011
- Trucking Perspectives 2011: Exclusive Inbound Logistics Research – Joseph O’Reilly, Inbound Logistics, September 2011
- Green on the Ground – Perry A. Trunick, Inbound Logistics, June 2011
Service Supply Chain
- Reverse the (Hazmat) Curse – Toby Gooley, DC Velocity, October 21, 2011
- Overpackaging vs. Underpackaging: Finding the Balance – Jacqui MacKenzie, Environmental Leader, September 8, 2011
- Clever eBay Packing Boxes Encourage Reuse – Leslie Brokaw, MIT Sloan Management Review, August 2, 2011
- Material Difference: Packaging Innovation, Inside and Out – Joseph O’Reilly, Inbound Logistics, August 2011
Chainalytics is a professional services firm that enhances competitive advantage and shareholder value though optimized supply chain strategies. Using a fact-based decision making approach, Chainalytics accelerates and improves supply chain performance. Chainalytics offers both project-based and managed services using a unique combination of domain expertise, resilient methodologies, and exclusive research and content — all supported by the world’s most advanced decision sciences technologies. Chainalytics targets enterprises with a high degree of complexity created by their unique combination of scale, variability, and geography. With locations in North America and Asia, Chainalytics services companies globally in a borderless fashion.
Recent Press Release
Chainalytics Named to List of 100 Great Supply Chain Partners
August 18, 2011
Company Recognized for Eighth Consecutive Year
If you enjoyed these articles, click here to subscribe to future issues of Supply Chain Directions.