Chainalytics’ Transportation Procurement and Bid Optimization service provides a collaborative and holistic approach to securing the optimal transportation services needed for your network while enabling your carriers to operate more efficiently. This service combines our expertise in both transportation and sourcing with the effective use of advanced technologies to determine the “business optimal” assignment of carriers to your logistics network. Spanning all domestic and international modes — truckload, less-than-truckload, intermodal, heavy-weight air, ocean, and small-package — our methodology captures, models, and considers all relevant factors, including line haul rates, accessorials, seasonality, service levels, and capacity commitments.
Chainalytics’ Transportation Procurement and Bid Optimization service can help you effectively answer the following questions:
- What should our strategy be for procuring transportation services across different modes and geographies?
- How can we factor both freight rates and other considerations in our carrier selection process?
- How many carriers should we use to optimize our freight network? What is the optimal mix of incumbent and new carriers to use within our network?
- What is the minimum and maximum amount we should commit to an individual carrier? An individual lane?
- How can we ensure that our new carrier base will provide sufficient capacity during surge periods?
- How can we determine which, if any, dedicated carriers to use within our supply chain network?
- Are we achieving the savings we identified in the bid event? Where are we not performing to the plan and why? For more information
Download the Transportation Portfolio Diversification white paper by clicking here.